Crazy Gold? You decide.
Posted by : David Brewer /
As one of San Diego's largest gold buyers we end up melting A LOT of gold every month. We are always brainstorming about what we could make with it besides just jewelry.
Apparently we aren't alone as here are some crazy things we found that other people have made from gold.
1. 32 year old Datta Phuge from India, thought it would be cool to make this shirt out of $22,000 worth of gold.
2. Created by GoVacuum, has a 10 amp motor, a wide cleaning nozzle and anti-marring urethane wheels. For a cool $1,000,000 if can be yours.
3. This Lamborghini Aventador is made from a 500kg solid block of gold and costs 7.5 million dollars to build. There is a 25 kilograms of gold in this car!
The Aventador has a V12 engine and a massive 700bhp; it has a seven-speed transmission, and reaches 100kmph in under 3 seconds.
4. For $210 you can buy these shiny office supplies created by Dutch design house, Oooms. Sure to impress any teacher on your next report.
5. Want to make sure the Jone's don't keep up next time. Well for $164,000 you can get this 24k plated barbecue. Yes, the inside and every component is plated with gold as well.